Today I have a super simple and tasty baked firecracker chicken recipe for you! that is so nice and easy to make and just packed with flavour! This recipe starts with boneless and skinless chicken that is seared in a pan to lightly brown it, which adds flavour, before being roasted in the oven, all basted up in a sweet, spicy and tangy firecracker sauce! The firecracker sauce is a simple mixture of hot sauce (or chili sauce) and brown sugar (or honey) along with a touch of cider vinegar and garlic! Once the chicken is transferred to the oven to roast it is basted with the sauce a few times before being served smothered in the remaining sauce! This baked firecracker chicken is great by itself or served over rice, pasta, quinoa, etc!
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Sweet and spicy baked chicken that is both packed with flavour and nice and light!
- 1/2 cup hot/chili sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot or Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the hot sauce, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and chili pepper flakes in a small sauce pan until the sugar has melted into the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, season the chicken with the salt and pepper, add to the pan and brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a preheated 400F/200C oven and bake until the chicken is cooked, about 10-15 minutes, basting with the sauce every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with the remaining sauce!
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Skillet Sweet Chili Chicken
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Buddha Bowls
Skillet Chicken Verde
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Crispy Baked Firecracker Tofu on Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Spinach and Feta Baked Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken
Pineapple Sweet Chili Salmon
BBQ Chicken Pizza Baked Chicken
Tuscan Baked Chicken
French Onion Baked Chicken
Mexican Street Corn Baked Chicken