While I was thinking about the
creamy avocado dressing
a few weeks ago the combination of avocados and mayonnaise got me to thinking about other things that it could be used in and the first thing that came to mind was an egg salad sandwich. Egg salads are normally made by mixing hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise to give it an addictively creamy nature and I figured that adding mashed up avocados could only make things better! Although using more traditional egg salad flavours sounded good, I could not resist once again going with the flavours of
with lime juice and cilantro to brighten things up and the jalapeno chilies to add a hint of spicy heat. Adding the avocados to an egg salad sandwich like this was even more amazing than I thought it would be and I am now completely smitten with these sandwiches!
Avocados and bacon are a match made in heaven and the addition of bacon makes this sandwich even more irresistible!
Creamy Avocado/Guacamole Egg Salad Sandwich
A creamy guacamole egg salad sandwich with spicy jalapenos, fresh lime juice and cilantro.
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/2 small jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bread
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 3 slices bacon, cooked (optional)
- Mash the avocado, mayo, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and green onion, fold in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.