We encourage you to periodically check back and review this policy so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
I. The Information We Collect
We receive both information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Site, and information that is passively or
1. Information You Provide To Us. In some areas of the Site, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion,
subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in our community. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to
collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, or email address.
2. Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our “Partners” who include Site affiliates, third-party service providers,
advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of
Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Site. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically
collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet
Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g.,
Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising
ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages you have visited, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Site (e.g., iOS, Android),
location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on.
Please see our section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies for more information about how the foregoing Information
may be collected and used.
3. Information Collected By and From Social Media Services and Other Third-Party Platforms. You also can engage with our content, such as video, games,
applications, and other offerings, on or through social media services or other third-party platforms, such as Facebook, or other third-party social
media plugins, integrations and applications. When you engage with our content on or through social media services or other third-party platforms,
plugins, integrations or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain Information in your profile. For a description on how social media
services and other third-party platforms, plugins, integrations or applications handle your information, please refer to their respective privacy policies and
II. How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
1. provide and communicate with you about the Site or your account with us,
2. fulfill your requests regarding the Site, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
3. respond to your inquiries,
4. enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Site, and/or for the purposes for
which you provided the Information,
5. provide technical support for the Site,
6. prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities on or through the Site,
7. protect the safety of our Users,
8. customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Site or other online or mobile websites,
applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
9. perform analysis regarding how you use the Site or any part thereof, When you provide information about yourself to us through a third-party application or plugin, through our Site, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by thirdparties.
We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser.
For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please see our section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies.
Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, “hashed,” or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during
registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information. If you register and create a profile with our Site, the screen name you select as well as other content you submit to your profile (e.g., photos, comments, video, reviews) will be displayed publicly on the Site, is searchable, can be found by third-parties and may be reused and redistributed by us in our sole discretion.
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
1. To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a)
conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as
email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Site and online community; (h) administer
contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Site.
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar
3. With third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations
involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Site, or violations of our policies, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site.
4. We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another
company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
Please note that the Site may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications, or social network integrations) that is sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain information from their visitors. We have no control over these third parties’ use of this information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
IV. Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies
when you visit other websites or mobile applications, and to help them perform user analytics. These technologies may also be used to analyze how our Users
interact with advertising on our Site and elsewhere, and more generally, to learn more about our Users and what services or offers you might prefer to receive. We
describe some of these technologies below.
2. Syncing Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third-party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partners’uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match Users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.
For visitors generating from the EU and EEA, advertising cookies are
automatically not used for personalization and all advertising on the site will
be generic and non-targeted.
3. Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. You may
be able to set your browser to warn you before accepting certain cookies or
web browser, some features of the Site may be inoperable.
We may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other
than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect
and record information about your web surfing activity, including those
integrated with our Site. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not
permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings
that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques. To
learn more about Interest-Based Advertising or to opt-out of this type of
advertising by those third parties that are members of DAA’s opt-out
program, please go to https://www.aboutads.info.
4. Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs,
or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on the Site or
in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors
viewing the Site or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count
the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a
visitor viewing the Site. Web beacons may also be used to provide
information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates,
clicks, forwards, etc.).
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge,
and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of
the Site through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies
developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the
emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own
tracking technologies when you visit our Services and they may have access to
information about you and your online activities over time and across different
websites or applications when you use the Site. Their use of such tracking
technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
V. Your Ad Choices
Advertising enables us to provide the content on the Site and to provide much of
this content free of cost to our Users. Thus, we strive to provide you with ads that
are relevant to you and for products you may want.
However, you can find more information about entities involved in online
advertising and to know your choices you may make through the Network
Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/) and the Digital
Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info).
The tools provided on the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising
Alliance opt-out pages are provided by third parties, not the Site. The Site does not
control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide
through these tools.
VI. Other Important Information About Your Privacy
1. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. At this time the Site does not
recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which
may include “do not track” instructions.
2. Linked Services. The site may contain links to or integrations with other
services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and
platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors
should consult these other services’ privacy notices as we have no control
over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
3. International Transfer. This Site is governed by and operated in accordance
with US law. If you are located outside of the US, you use this Site at your own
risk. We operate globally so it is necessary to transfer your Information
internationally. In particular, your Information will be transferred to and
processed in the United States where many of our central databases operate.
By using this Site, you (a) acknowledge that the data protection and other
laws of other countries, such as the United States, may provide a less
comprehensive or protective standard of protection than those in your
country, and consent to your Information being collected, processed and
4. Data Security. There are physical, electronic, and managerial procedures
designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and
to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary
based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized
disclosures of Information, we cannot assure you that Information will never
be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this
5. How You Can Access or Correct Information. Access to certain personal
Information that is collected from the Site and that we maintain may be
available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account
within our Site, you can access that account to review the Information you
You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting access to or
correction of your personal Information. Please include your registration
information such as first name, last name and e-mail address in the request.
We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification
purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email
6. How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications. If you have any
implementation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive
marketing information from this Site, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions
provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Site.
VII. Children’s Privacy
The Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not
knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you
are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Children have provided us with
Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that Children under 13 have
provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information