The other day while I was surfing food blogs I had the food network on in the background and they had a really nice sounding Mushroom Lasagna on that I had to try.
1 package lasagne noodles
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups sliced mushrooms (portabello, shiitake, etc)
2 servings Bechamel Sauce
2 cups parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
1. Cook the noodles as directed on the package. (Add a splash of oil to the water to prevent sticking.)
2. Saute the mushrooms in the butter.
3. Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
4. Spread some of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles on top, then more sauce, then a third of the mushrooms, and 1/4 cup of the grated parmigiano-reggiano. Repeat 2 more times. Top the final layer of noodles and sauce, and the remaining parmigiano-reggiano.
5. Bake the lasagna for about 45 minutes. The top should be a bit browned the sauce should be bubbling.
6. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 or so minutes and serve hot.
Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna