The local asparagus is still coming and I am still enjoying it. This time it is a simple and tasty frittata. A frittata is an Italian style omelette that is finished under a broiler.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces))
1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat oil in oven proof pan.
3. Saute onions until the onions are tender.
4. Add the garlic.
5. Add the asparagus, cover and cook until the asparagus is just tender. (About 6 minutes.)
6. Mix the eggs, cream (if using), salt and pepper.
7. Add eggs to the pan and cook until the eggs are almost set. (About 2 minutes.)
8. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
9. Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and browned.
Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
Asparagus, Morel and Ramp Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust