The local asparagus is still coming and I am still enjoying it. This time it is a simple and tasty frittata. A frittata is an Italian style omelette that is finished under a broiler.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces))
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in oven proof pan.
- Saute onions until the onions are tender.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the asparagus, cover and cook until the asparagus is just tender. (About 6 minutes.)
- Mix the eggs, cream (if using), salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the pan and cook until the eggs are almost set. (About 2 minutes.)
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and browned.