Garlic bread is an easy and really tasty garlicky treat. Although garlic bread can be made with powdered garlic I prefer it made with fresh. This time I tried adding some grated parmigiano reggiano on the top. The cheese melted and turned nice and golden brown. Garlic bread goes well with pastas, soups and stews. This time I enjoyed the garlic bread with this tasty ministrone soup.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2-4 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Italian loaf (the top or bottom half)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- Mix the butter, garlic and parsley.
- Spread the garlic butter over the cut side of the bread and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.