Lemonade is a classic refreshment for hot summer days and adding fresh summer strawberries makes things even better! One day I was thinking about lemon bars while sipping on strawberry basil lemonade and I had to try combining the two to make strawberry lemonade bars! The recipe is pretty simple, taking a basic lemon bar recipe and adding large chunks of fresh strawberries! The lemon filling has a nice and creamy custard like texture and the strawberries go perfectly with it giving you that amazing hit of summer fresh strawberry lemonade!
For these ones I pureed the strawberries into the lemon mixture! They’re pink!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
Sweet and tart strawberry lemonade bars with large chunks of strawberries!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- Mix the butter, sugar, flour and salt and press the mixture into the bottom of a greased, optionally foil or parchment paper lined, 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest before mixing in the strawberries and pouring into the pan on top of the crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the the mixture sets and is just a little jiggly when the pan is lightly shaken, about 30 minutes, before removing from the oven and letting cool completely before transferring to the fridge to chill before slicing.
Option: Sprinkle on confectioners/powdered sugar is desired.
Note: You can enjoy these while warm, without cooling completely, or without chilling in the fridge before slicing (as I did with the ones in the photos above) but the slices will be cleaner if you let everything cool and chill first.
Note: Store in the fridge for up to a week.