I was just about done with my porchetta roast but I made sure to save some to try one last sandwich, inspired be a readers comment describing a porchetta sandwich with caramelized onions and arugula. After a quick search of the web I found a few variations of sandwiches with those ingredients and after picking and choosing ingredients I ended up with one that sounded excellent. This sandwich combines the moist and juicy porchetta with the sweet and tangy balsamic onion marmalade that I had just made with tasty melted asiago cheese, peppery arugula and hit of grainy mustard. Although the previous sandwiches had been beautiful in their simplicity, this sandwich was definitely a winner with its more complex flavour combinations that were definitely amazing. What a great way to finish off the last of the porchetta!
Porchetta Sandwich with Balsamic Caramelized Onions, Asiago Cheese and Arugula
Succulent porchetta, sweet and tangy onion marmalade, melted asiago cheese, peppery arugula and a hit of grainy mustard make this sandwich one to remember.
Servings: makes 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 pound porchetta, warm and sliced
- 1 sandwich bun, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons onion marmalade or balsamic caramelized onions
- 1 slice asiago cheese
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Place the porchetta, onions and cheese on the bottom bun, broil to melt the cheese, top with the arugula and finish it off the sandwich with the top half of the bun slathered with grainy mustard.
Roast Pork and Peameal Bacon Sandwich (A Canadian take on a Cuban Sandwich)
Roast Pork Sandwich with Apple Chutney
Grilled Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich