This is my favorite type of miso soup. I used instant dashi rather than making it from scratch. I will have to try making the dashi from scratch in the future. Miso soup goes well in the morning for breakfast along with a bowl of nattou on rice.
Asparagus and Aburage Miso Soup
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 piece aburage (sliced thinly)
- 4 stalks of asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Boil dashi, aburage and asparagus in a small sauce pan until the asparagus is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.