Today I have a cheesy beef enchilada tortellini skillet recipe to share and it’s quick, easy, hearty and packed with flavour! While you are waiting for the water to boil to cook the tortellini, you cook some ground beef, add taco seasoning, add enchilada sauce (or salsa) along with your favourite enchilada ingredients like beans, corn, etc. before adding the tortellini, covering with cheese and baking until the cheese has melted! Yum! It’s hard to resist these enchilada flavours, especially when covered in melted cheese and topped with sour cream! This skillet dish makes for the perfect weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy!
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
A quick, easy and tasty beef enchilada skillet covered in melted cheese!
- 8 ounces tortellini (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup water (or beef broth)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (or salsa)
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or Monterey jack, etc.) shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Start cooking the tortellini as directed on package.
- Meanwhile cook the ground beef in a large skillet before draining any excess grease.
- Mix in the seasoning followed by the water, enchilada sauce, the tortellini, beans and corn into the beef and bring to a simmer.
- Top with the cheese, place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes, before topping with sour cream, green onions and cilantro and enjoying!
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole
Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach
Beefy Tortellini Tomato Soup
Creamy Parmesan Mushroom and Spinach Tortellini Soup
Creamy Parmesan Tomato and Spinach Tortellini Soup
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Creamy Asiago Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Soup