Enchiladas are are always welcome in my books! You really can’t go wrong taking a tasty filling, wrapping it up in a tortilla, smothering it with sauce and cheese and baking it until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is all nice and melted and good! These enchiladas are stuffed with tender Mexican pulled beef and a chipotle and ancho enchilada sauce with a hint of cocoa. Although I could devour an entire batch of these shredded beef enchiladas just with the meat, sauce, tortillas and melted cheese, I also like to top them with some cool and fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream and queso fresco for one really tasty and satisfying meal!
Use multiple baking dishes is needed or desired!
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Tender beef wrapped in tortillas and smothered in a tasty enchilada sauce and plenty of melted cheese!
- 2 cups chipotle and ancho cocoa enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican shredded beef or barbacoa beef
- 1 onion, sliced and sauteed
- 2 cups cheese (such as cheddar and/or monterey jack), shredded
- 8 (7 inch) tortillas (corn or flour)
- Mix 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce with the beef and onions.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- divide the beef mixture between the tortillas, roll up the tortillas and place them in the baking dish with the seam side down.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled up tortillas and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 15-20 minutes.
Tip: If using corn tortillas, warm them first and dip them in the enchilada sauce before filling and rolling them to help prevent them from cracking.
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Mexican Shredded Beef Tamale Pie
Mexican Shredded Beef Nachos
Enmoladas (Chicken Mole Enchiladas)
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet