Chicken and avocado burritos are one of my favourite recipes, and one that I’m making all the time! The chicken and avocado combo is absolutely amazing in burritos and its also spectacular in enchiladas! You really can’t go wrong taking chicken and avocado burritos and smothering them in enchilada sauce and cheese before baking until the cheese has melted! Really! It’s that easy! You just take the burritos, place them in a baking dish, pour on an enchilada sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake! I like to make a simple salsa verde and avocado ‘enchilada sauce’ but a store bought green enchilada sauce also works well and it’s super convenient! If you’re looking for a family friendly, quick and easy dinner for busy work nights, these chicken and avocado enchiladas can’t be beat!
6 simple ingredients!
1 tasty meal!
So easy to make!
Does rolling up all of those enchiladas sound like too much work? How about just making tacos, spreading them out on a plate and topping them with the enchilada sauce and cheese and baking until the cheese has melted! Free-form enchilada tacos! (Open-faced enchiladas?)
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Quick and easy chicken and avocado enchiladas covered in platy of melted cheese!
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (4-5 inch) tortillas (gluten-free for gluten-free), warmed
- Blend the salsa verde, 1 avocado and half of the cilantro in a blender or food processor.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the avocado salsa verde with the remaining avocado, the chicken and half of the cheese.
- Spread half of the remaining avocado salsa verde across the bottom of a baking dish.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas, rolling them up around the filling before placing them into the baking dish with the seam side down.
- Pour the remaining avocado salsa verde over the enchiladas and sprinkle on the remaining cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted and the side are bubbling, about 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven and sprinkling on the remaining cilantro.
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Thai Peanut Chicken Avocado Burritos
Quinoa White Chicken Chili
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Mushroom and Zucchini Enchiladas
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Avocados
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Mexican Shredded Beef Tamale Pie
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Skillet Chicken Verde
Chicken and Avocado Tacos