Salsa verde is one of my favourite sauces and it’s so easy to make quick and easy meals that taste great with it, like this salsa verde baked chicken! This is a baked chicken dish where the chicken is simply placed in a baking pan, topped with cream cheese, followed by the salsa verde and then more cheese! The whole thing is then baked in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, and it’s nice and juicy and covered in all sorts of goodness in the form of melted cheese! Yum! Make it a complete meal by cooking some rice or pasta and either throwing some veggies in with the chicken or steam them on the side while the chicken bakes.
I like to make my own salsa verde when I can get my hands on some fresh tomatillos but a nice brand of store bought also works well!
I like to top this salsa verde chicken off with guacamole and/or sour cream!
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Chicken baked in a tasty salsa verde topped with plenty of melted cheese that’s so easy to make!
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa verde verde over the bottom of a baking dish, place the chicken in, seasoned with the taco seasoning, spread on the cream cheese, pour the remaining salsa verde over and sprinkle on the cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 30-450 minutes.
Option: Use homemade salsa verde or store bought.
Option: Use your favourite type of salsa.
Option: Use cheddar cheese, or mozzarella, etc.
Option: Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or sliced green onions.
Option: Serve on rice, brown rice, pasta, etc. (Cook it while the chicken bakes.)
Option: Top with guacamole and/or sour cream!
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Skillet Chicken Verde
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas