I like to have a bunch of quick, easy and tasty chicken dinner recipes on hand as chicken is often on sale and it’s perfect for a last minute dinner idea! This balsamic caprese baked chicken dish combines some pretty amazing flavours into a dinner that takes almost no time to make! You simply take some chicken and marinate it in a tasty homemade balsamic vinaigrette for a little as 20 minutes to overnight and place it in a baking dish on top of a bed of diced tomatoes, also tossed in the balsamic vinaigrette, before baking it until the chicken is cooked an the tomatoes are nice and roasted! Cheese is then sprinkled on before being returned to the oven to melt! Yum! This balsamic caprese baked chicken is amazing all by itself and you can serve it over a bed of pasta or rice that you can cook while the chicken bakes!
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Balsamic marinated chicken on top of a bed of roasted tomatoes all covered in melted cheese!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1 red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grates
- Marinate the chicken in half of the balsamic vinaigrette for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Mix the remaining balsamic vinaigrette with the tomatoes and onions and place them in a baking pan before topping with the marinated chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the chicken and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
Option: Garnish with chopped basil or parsley!
Tip: Cook rice or pasta to serve it over while it is baking!
Note: The bake time will vary a little depending on how thick your chicken is. If it is really thick it might need a few more minutes to cook through.