Strawberries are one of the first bounties of summer produce and I enjoy devouring them fresh and in sweet treats by the truck load but they are also fun to use in savoury dishes like this tasty pan seared balsamic strawberry chicken and brie. This dish takes the amazing flavour combination of maple-dijon, in the form of a sauce, and adds strawberries! I am a huge fan of bacon (Check out some of my favourite bacon recipes!), so I start this dish off by cooking some bacon followed by pan searing the chicken until golden brown! Next up is the sauce which consists of onions, jalapenos for some heat, garlic, balsamic vinegar for tartness, maple syrup for sweetness, dijon mustard for bite, soy sauce for saltiness, and the fresh strawberries along with some summer-y fresh basil. Sliced brie is sprinkled on top and it’s all broiled in the oven until the cheese has melted. The strawberry balsamic maple-dijon sauce is so amazingly good that you’ll be licking your place clean and when you combine it with the bacon and melted brie your mouth will be in a new kind of flavour heaven!
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Pan seared chicken in a balsamic maple-dijon strawberry sauce with fresh summer strawberries and basil all cover in melted brie cheese!
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced (optional)
- 8 ounces brie, sliced
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper, add to the pan and sear until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook at medium-high heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes before adding the jalapeno and garlic and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits up off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon while the broth simmers.
- Add the chicken, bacon, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustards, soy sauce, and strawberries and simmer for 5 minutes, before mixing in the basil.
- Sprinkle the brie over top, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes, before enjoying!
Option: Omit the the jalapeno or replace it with sriracha to taste!
Option: Replace some or all of the maple syrup with fresh made strawberry jam for a more intense strawberry flavour!
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Balsamic Strawberry and Chicken Pizza with Sweet Onions and Smoked Bacon
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Bacon and Brie Omelette
Creamy Skillet Garlic Chicken
Lemon Chicken Romano