Everyone loves a quick, easy and tasty chicken dish and this chicken in a creamy parmesan and sundried tomato sauce fits the bill perfectly coming together in less than 30 minutes. This recipe could not be easier, you simply cook the chicken in the pan and then make the sauce in the same pan! The sauce is pretty simple and yet packed with flavour from the sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan and it is made in a base of chicken broth and cream. This chicken in a creamy parmesan and sundried tomato sauce is great by itself or served over rice, quinoa, etc. or you could even slice the chicken up and toss it and the sauce into a pasta like fettuccine.
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
A quick, easy and tasty chicken dish in a creamy parmesan and sundried tomato sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (~6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth, cream, sundried tomatoes and parmesan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken along with any juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and mix in the basil.
Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by adding 8 ounces of pasta and 2 1/4 cups broth or water (or 1 cup of rice and 2 cups broth or water) to the sauce in step 4 and simmer, covered, until cooked, about 12 minutes (or 20 minutes for rice).
Option: Add chopped spinach to the sauce.
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan Soup
Chicken in a Mushroom, Tarragon and Mustard Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Chicken Parmesan Dip
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Skillet Chicken Verde
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie