Today’s recipe is a super simple way to enjoy some freshly made roasted red pepper sauce! Often I just throw the sauce onto pasta and call it a meal but you can also use it in other fun ways, like as a sauce for pan seared chicken! This meal is as easy to make as browning the chicken in a skillet before adding the sauce along with butter and parmesan cheese to to kick things up a bit! Yum! This chicken recipe comes together in around 20 minutes so you can easily cook pasta or rice and steak or saute veggies to complete the meal. For the rest of the meal in my photos I have mushroom rice and green beans sauteed in butter and garlic!
Skillet Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Quick and easy skillet chicken in a buttery parmesan roasted red pepper sauce!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups roasted red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add the roasted red pepper sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and cheese and cook until they melt into the sauce before enjoying!
Option: Use asiago cheese instead of parmesan!
Option: Add fresh basil!
Creamed Corn Skillet Chicken
Lemon and Dill Butter Garlic Chicken and Asparagus
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken