This crispy parmesan crusted chicken is one of my favourite go-to recipes for any occasion! It’s so easy to make, it takes almost no time and it tastes so good that family, friends and dinner guests are impressed and asking for seconds! The recipe is as simple as seasoning the chicken, coating it in parmesan cheese and then frying it until the cheese is golden brown, crispy and oh so good! Lets start with the chicken which is boneless and skinless breasts (or thighs), so light and healthy, and it’s dipped into egg before dipping it into the cheese; the egg helps make the cheese stick to the chicken. I take the opportunity to add flavour by seasoning the egg dip with oregano, garlic powder and onion powder which is in addition to the slat and pepper that the chicken it seasoned with. When using parmesan cheese I normally I like got get a wedge of parmigiano reggiano and grate or shred it myself but, it’s so easy to pick up a bag of pre-shredded parmesan these days which makes this recipe even easier! Once the chicken is all seasoned and cheese-d up it’s fried in oil and butter until its golden brown and crispy! I like to finish the chicken off with a splash of lemon juice along with fresh chopped parsley! Steam a veggie, like broccoli, while cooking the chicken to make a really quick and easy meal that’s perfect for any occasion, including busy work nights!
This crispy parmesan crusted chicken is the perfect recipe for back to school dinners!
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Quick and easy chicken crusted in golden brown crispy coating of parmesan cheese! Yum!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and butterflied or pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or Italian herb blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the eggs, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, and gently shake off excess before pressing into the parmesan to coat.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a large heavy button skillet over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side, before setting aside on a rack. (Note: You may need to cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of the pan.)
Option: Garish with chopped parsley.
Option: Mix 1 cup panko breadcrumbs into the parmesan cheese for a crispier parmesan coating!
Parmesan and Herb Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia Bruschetta
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia with Roasted Tomatoes
Chicken Fried Steak
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Skillet Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Lemon Chicken Romano
Lemon Chicken Romano
Great recipe 🙂
Jim D says
Fabulous looking recipe. And, your photography is bar none.