Cheese is one of my favourite foods and this crispy cheddar chicken is a great way to enjoy plenty of it for dinner! Chicken breasts are seasoned and coated with shredded cheddar cheese along with crumbled cheese crackers before baking until the cheese has melted and the cracker crumbs get nice and crispy! It’s so easy to make and oh so good! I like to serve this easy meal with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed veggies and to smother it all in a sriracha cheese sauce. Yum!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Crispy baked cheddar and cracker crusted chicken!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed and butterflied or pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs (or panko bread crumbs) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Season the chicken with the mixture of the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip in the eggs, shaking off excess and press into the cheese followed by the cracker crumbs, before placing on a rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the chicken is cooked through, the cheese has melted and the crackers are golden brown and crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
Option: Use different crackers!
Option: Smother it in sriracha cheese sauce!
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Jalapeno Honey Drenched Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
BBQ Chicken Pizza Baked Chicken
Lemon Chicken Romano