When the days are busy it’s always nice to have some quick, easy and tasty recipes in your box and this honey dijon pretzel chicken is one such recipe! This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and it’s hard to beat sweet and tangy honey dijon coated chicken with a crispy and salty pretzel crust! I have been wanting to try this honey dijon pretzel chicken ever since I came across it on pinterest, via cinnamon, spice and everything nice, and I only made a few tweaks to the honey dijon sauce to make it more to my tastes. I added some grainy mustard for the texture and visual affect, cut back on the oil, replaced the vinegar with fresh lemon juice, added garlic and some miso which goes fabulously well with the honey dijon flavour combo. I have to say that this is some tasty chicken and I know that I will be making it again and again, along with the tasty honey dijon sauce! Yum!
Serve with extra honey dijon sauce!
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Sweet and tangy honey dijon chicken crusted in a crunchy pretzel coating!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces chicken breast, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- Mix the honey, mustards, oil, lemon juice, miso and garlic, season with salt and pepper and divide in half.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in the flour, shake off excess, dip in half of the dressing, shake off excess, press into the mixture of the panko and pretzels and place on a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until cooked (165F) and golden brown, about 15-25 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Serve straight from the oven with remaining dressing.
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Option: Replace the pretzels with crushed cereal like corn flakes or crushed chips like tortilla chips or doritos.
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Maple Dijon Salmon
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Balsamic Honey and Mustard Pork Chops
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
Tonkatsu (Japanese Pork Cutlets)