Quick and easy chicken dinners are always welcome and this creamy bacon honey dijon chicken is the one that I am currently crushing on! It’s such a nice and simple one-pan dish with a super tasty skillet sauce! It starts off with some bacon which is cooked in the skillet before adding the chicken to cook in the bacon grease followed by the sauce with the classic, and so amazing, honey-mustard flavour combo! I like to make this sauce velvety and good with the addition of cream but it’s also fabulous, and a little lighter, without it! I like to add a bit of white miso paste for a bit of saltiness and that extra umami/flavour kick and a splash of vinegar adds a bit of bite to the sauce. This creamy bacon honey dijon chicken only takes 30 minutes to make so you have plenty of time to make some rice or pasta, or quinoa, etc to serve it on and steam some veggies or make a salad to complete the meal before while cooking it!
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
A quick and easy skillet chicken dinner in a creamy honey dijon and bacon pan sauce!
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon white miso (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and cook in the bacon grease in the skillet over medium-high heat until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pa as the broth sizzles.
- Add the honey, mustards, cream, vinegar and miso paste, mix well, add the chicken and bacon, bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 5 minutes.
Option: Omit the bacon and use 1 tablespoon oil instead of the bacon grease.
Option: Replace some or all of the chicken broth with white wine.
Option: Add a diced onion and cook until golden brown after removing the chicken and before adding the garlic.
Option: Add hot sauce such as sriracha for some spicy heat!
Option: Add 6 ounces baby spinach at the end and let it wilt before removing from heat.
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken in a Mushroom, Tarragon and Mustard Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Maple Dijon Apple Cider Grilled Pork Chops
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Skillet Chicken Verde
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie