Today I have a really easy rustic roasted garlic chicken with asiago gravy recipe for you that is just packed with flavour! This chicken dinner is so easy to make! You just brown the chicken and garlic, roast it and make a super tasty gravy with plenty asiago cheese! What works in this recipe is that it’s so simple to make, it only takes 30 minutes, the crispy chicken skin, roasted chicken is pure comfort food and those whole cloves of garlic get so nice and tender, sweet and so good when roasted, and lets not forget the star of the show, that asiago gravy! Yum! Serve over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, etc along with some veggies or a salad for a complete meal in no time! If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner for tonight that is nice, warm and comforting then you really can’t go wrong with this rustic roasted garlic chicken with asiago gravy!
Add some vegetables and make it a one pot-meal! Roast the vegetables below the chicken in the pan so that the chicken juices and flavour is absorbed into them! Yum!
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
A rustic one pot roast chicken with whole cloves of garlic is a super tasty asiago gravy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry thyme)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese (or parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper) and brown, abut 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions are tender and the everything is lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the thyme and flour and cook for a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a spoon while the broth is sizzling when added.
- Mix the asiago into the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken, cover (with a lid or foil) and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven for 15 minutes OR turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer on the stove top for 15 minutes.
Option: Start by cooking 4 strips of bacon, set aside and cook the onion in the bacon grease and add the crumbled bacon to the sauce after roasting!
Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by adding 8 ounces of pasta and 2 1/4 cups broth or water (or 1 cup of rice and 2 cups broth or water) to the sauce in step 8 and simmer, covered, until cooked, about 12 minutes (or 20 minutes for rice).
Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by adding 8 ounces of pasta and 2 1/4 cups broth or water (or 1 cup of rice and 2 cups broth or water) to the sauce in step 5 and roast, covered, until cooked, about 15 minutes (or 25 minutes for rice).
Option: Add 1 tablespoons white miso paste to the sauce! (Do it if you have it!)
Option: Add a splash of lemon juice to the sauce!
Option: Add 1/2 cup cream to the sauce!
Option: Add 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms along with the onions!
Option: Add diced potatoes and carrots to the pan before placing the chicken on top and roasting until the veggies are tender, about 20-30 minutes for a one pot meal!
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Lemon and Oregano Roast Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole