I like to have some quick and easy recipes on hand for busy nights or last minute dinners and roasted chicken, where you roast the entire meal on the same pan, is perfect and super tasty! This recipe is as easy as seasoning the chicken, in this case with a paprika based seasoning, placing it in a pan along with small potatoes, and green beans before roasting everything! Because the green beans cook faster than everything else we take them out early and while we’re at it we take the opportunity to smash the potatoes and baste them in the chicken juices before returning the pan to the oven; by the time the chicken is done the smashed potatoes will be nice and crispy on the bottom! Because this meal is so easy to make, I tend to make it all the time and it’s so easy to change the seasoning on the chicken or to change the the veggies!
One-pan Paprika Roast Chicken
A one-pan meal of paprika roasted chicken with roast green beans and lemon smashed potatoes!
- 1 pound chicken (thighs or drum sticks)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 pound small potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepepr to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Season the chicken with the mixture of the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet with the skin side up.
- Toss the green beans and potatoes in the oil along with salt and pepper to taste; and place on the same baking sheet in a single layer
- Roast in a preheated 425F/220C oven until the green beans and potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Set the green beans aside, smash the potatoes down (with a fork, potato masher, the bottom of a bowl, etc.), lightly brush the potatoes with chicken juices and return to the oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and hit everything with a splash of lemon juice!
Option: Instead of brushing the smashed potatoes with chicken juices, brush them with melted butter!