Zucchini is such a versatile food and one really fun way to use it is to slice it thinly, stuff it with something tasty and roll it up! You can fill zucchini roll-ups with many different things and one of my favourites are these zucchini enchilada roll-ups! These rollups are stuffed with a simple enchilada mixture of chicken, corn, beans and enchilada sauce before being placed in a baking pan, topped with more sauce along with plenty of cheese! Slicing the zucchini thinly and rolling everything up takes a bit of time and effort but it’s so worth it! Using zucchini instead of tortillas to rollup enchiladas is a tasty, light and healthy to enjoy enchiladas this summer!
Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
Tasty chicken enchiladas made with zucchini wrappers instead of tortillas!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or sliced/diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 pounds zucchini (~2-4 medium-large), sliced thinly lengthwise*
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Mix the chicken, beans, corn and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over the bottom of a large baking pan/dish.
- Place 2-3 slices of zucchini down on a working surface (enough slices to form a 3-4 inch wide roll), overlapped a little, and place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken filling on, before rolling up and placing in the baking pan. Repeat until all of the filling and zucchini has been used, about 24 rolls.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce of the top of the rolls, followed by the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the cheese has melted and the sides are bubbling, about 20-25 minutes.
Option: I like to use a mix of cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese.
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Thai Spicy Peanut Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Mushroom and Zucchini Enchiladas
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Avocados
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Enmoladas (Chicken Mole Enchiladas)
Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Chicken Enchilada Dip