I am a huge fan of quick and easy meals and this baked chicken enchilada casserole is my current favourite! It’s a simple take on chicken enchiladas where full chicken breasts are baked in a tasty enchilada sauce with all of the fixings! The sauce starts with an enchilada sauce along with corn, beans, olives and sliced jalapeno and it’s all topped off with plenty of cheese that melts when it bakes! This dish takes about 30 minutes to make so its perfect for busy work night dinners! I like to serve it on rice or pasta, which can easily be cooked while the chicken enchilada casserole bakes in the oven, along with encholada toppings like avocado, sour cream, etc.
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken enchiladas in a quick and easy casserole with light chicken breasts in a tasty enchilada sauce smothered in melted cheese!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar and/or Monterey jack, etc), shredded
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken breasts, seasoned with the taco seasoning, and lightly brown on both sides.
- Mix the enchilada sauce, beans, corn, olives and jalapeno, pour into a large baking dish, top with the chicken and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes before sprinkling on the cheese and returning to the oven until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
Option: Replace the enchilada sauce with salsa such as salsa ranchera, restaurant style salsa or roasted tomato salsa!
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Chicken Fajita Pasta
Taco Lime Grilled Chicken
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Crispy Baked Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
Crispy Baked Thai Peanut Sauce Coated Chicken
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
Taco Stuffed Shells
Thai Chicken ‘Mole’
Mexican Baked Eggs
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
Skillet Chicken Verde
Cheese Tortilla Chip Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken