Burritos are a favourite and this is a quick, easy, and fun, one-skillet, deconstructed, take on them! The idea here is to make a sauce with beef burrito style ingredients, to mix in sliced tortillas and to top everything off with cheese, that is melted, before adding any fresh burrito style fillings like sour cream, avocado, cilantro, onions, etc. The sauce has a base of ground beef seasoned with a taco spice blend, along with enchilada sauce (or salsa), beans and corn and it takes almost no time to make. I like to top this off with sour cream, avocados, cilantro and green onions but you can use your favourite burrito fillings! The family fun meal is perfect for busy nights and it’s sure to please everyone!
Cheesy Beef Burrito Skillet
A deconstructed, quick and easy, beef and bean skillet burrito topped with plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water (or beef broth)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (or salsa)
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 6 ounces tortillas, sliced (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or Monterey jack, etc.) shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet before draining any excess grease.
- Mix in the seasoning followed by the water, and simmer for a minute.
- Add the enchilada sauce, beans and corn and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in the sliced tortillas.
- Top with the cheese, place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes, before topping with sour cream, green onions and cilantro and enjoying!
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Mexican Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Enchilada Dip
Cauliflower Enchilada Casserole
Cheesy Taco Pasta
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Chili Mac and Cheese
One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
Jamaican Jerk Beef and Bean Chili
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Greek Beef Skillet