In these colder winter days I often find myself craving some comfort food and this cheese beef pasta is the perfect fix! This a one-pan dish meaning that it’s all cooked in one-pan at the same time and it’s nice and easy. It starts with cooking ground beef and onion in a pan before adding the seasoning, combination if garlic and Italian herbs: oregano, basil, parsley and thyme. The pasta along with tomatoes and beef broth are added before simmering until the pasta is cooked. The final step is adding the cheese, a combination of cream cheese and cheddar cheese, which melts into the sauce making it nice and creamy and full of flavour! Yum! This one-pan cheesy beefy pasta is the perfect comfort food for anytime!
One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
An easy to make one-pan beef pasta in a tasty tomato sauce with plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces pasta (such as shells) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free or tamari for gluten-free)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, before draining any excess grease.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, mix and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pasta, broth, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the cheese and let it melt.
Option: Replace the cream cheese with 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream.
Option: Use your favourite melty cheese!
susan Badar says
Is this recipe freezer friendly once it is cooked?
Yes it is! Enjoy!
Thank you very much for very normal recipes. Easy to follow and tasty.
Jean walsh says
My family did not like this dish at all, requested that I not make it again, and throw away the leftovers.
Can I omit the cream cheese? I do not care for it and always know when it’s in a dish even when you’re not supposed to be able to taste it but I always do
You can omit it! You can also replace it with cream/milk if you want the creaminess.
Thank you so much!
This was delicious before I put the cream cheese
In it. The cream cheese covers up all the other flavors in this dish. I would make this again!
How do I lessen the cream cheese flavor??
You can omit the cream cheese or replace some or all of it with cream/milk.
I just made this, it waś quick and easy. you can make it ahead and warm it up for later. ( we were watching the football game) I used 2 oz of cream cheese and a 1 1\2cs cheddar cheese, 21\2 c broth,. it was good, I will make it again. Thank you for sharing