In these colder winter days I often find myself craving some comfort food and this cheese beef pasta is the perfect fix! This a one-pan dish meaning that it’s all cooked in one-pan at the same time and it’s nice and easy. It starts with cooking ground beef and onion in a pan before adding the seasoning, combination if garlic and Italian herbs: oregano, basil, parsley and thyme. The pasta along with tomatoes and beef broth are added before simmering until the pasta is cooked. The final step is adding the cheese, a combination of cream cheese and cheddar cheese, which melts into the sauce making it nice and creamy and full of flavour! Yum! This one-pan cheesy beefy pasta is the perfect comfort food for anytime!
One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
An easy to make one-pan beef pasta in a tasty tomato sauce with plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces pasta (such as shells) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree (or tomato sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, mix and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pasta, broth, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the cheese and let it melt.
Option: Replace the cream cheese with 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream.
Option: Use your favourite melty cheese!