Beef stroganoff is one of my go-to meals and this is a super easy one-pan version of it. This recipe is as easy as cooking mushrooms, cooking the beef and onions (in the same pan), adding broth and noodles and cooking until the noodles are tender! Normally I use steak and thinly slice it before cooking but ground beef is easier and saves on the slicing time! My favourite seasonings for stroganoff are garlic, thyme, dill, paprika, mustard, worcestershire sauce and fish sauce which go so well in the beefy sour cream sauce! Yum! This one-pan beef stroganoff is a great meal for any night of the week, including busy week nights!
One-pan Beef Stroganoff
An easy version of stroganoff made with ground beef in one-pan!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- 4 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and cook, about 10 minutes, before setting aside.
- Add the beef on onion to the pan and cook, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, dill and paprika, mix in and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, noodles, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and fish sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook until the noodles are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Use hot smoked paprika!
Option: Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour (or rice flour for gluten-free) into the pan along with the garlic, thyme, dill and paprika to help thicken the sauce.
Option: Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.