As much as I am into authentic Mexican style tacos, there’s just something nostalgic about those ‘boxed’ tacos that I enjoyed when I was a kid. When I find myself craving those tacos these days I skip the box and make my own homemade taco seasoning (which is super easy to make) and add it to ground beef and they just bring me back! This dish takes the flavours of those same tacos and places it into pasta form and its so quick and easy to make! This recipe starts out with the same ground beef, taco seasoning, onions, garlic and pasta and water is added right to the pan so that the pasta cooks in the same pot, along with some salsa which adds flavour in addition to extra moisture for the pasta to cook in. (I always enjoy one-pot meals!) Cheese is one of my favourite toppings for tacos so I add plenty of cheese to melt right into the taco pasta! Yum! This one-pot taco pasta is a great weeknight meal that’s kid friendly and to make it even more fun, top it with your favourite taco toppings like avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime, etc.
Cheesy Taco Pasta
A tasty, quick and easy one-pot beef taco pasta with plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups water (or beef broth)
- 2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 (15 ounce can) black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar and/or monterey jack, mozzarella, etc.)
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large sauce pan until the meat is browned and the onions are tender, about 10 minutes, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and taco seasoning and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the water, salsa and pasta. mix, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pasta is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Add the black beans and cheese and coo unitl it melts, about 2 minutes.
Option: Garnish with cilantro, limes, avocado, sour cream, etc.
Note: If you are using store bought taco seasoning, use one package or the recommended amount for 1 pound of meat.
Taco Stuffed Shells
Taco Quesadilla Pizzas
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Taco Lime Grilled Chicken
Chicken Fajita Pasta
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp
Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp
Chicken Fajita Soup
Baked Chicken Santa Fe
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Crunch Wrap Supreme
Cheesy Beef Burrito Skillet
Taco Egg Casserole
One-pan Cheesy Beefy Pasta
Chicken Taco Tortilla Roll Ups