Today (October 4th) is National Taco Day and I am celebrating with these quick and easy chicken and avocado tacos! These tacos are so easy to make, consisting of tortillas, chicken, avocado, salsa verde, and sour cream! Feel free to use any leftover chicken that you may have on hand or go with boneless and skinless chicken in taco seasoning and quickly cook it in a skillet in some oil. I like the combination of the taco chicken and avocado with salsa verde but you can go with any salsa that you like!
Chicken and Avocado Tacos
Quick and easy chicken and avocado tacos with salsa verde and sour cream!
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture of the oil and taco seasoning for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly golden brown on all sides.
- Assemble the tacos, and enjoy!
Option: Top with your favourite taco toppings!
Option: Make the taco seasoned chicken the day before and reheat before adding to the tacos.
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Avocados
Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas in Creamy Avocado Sauce
Chicken Mole Tacos
Lemongrass Chicken Banh Mi Paratha Tacos
Pork Adobo Tacos
Pollo Pibil Tacos with Citrus Salsa
Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas Tacos