These chicken taco tortilla roll ups are basically a cheesy chicken taco dip that’s rolled up in a tortilla and sliced into snack sized pieces! The cheese base of this dip is a simple combination of cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese and when it’s combined with the chicken and taco seasoning, it is simply divine! (I like to use a homemade taco seasoning so that I have more control over the spicy heat and salt content.) The final component of the chicken dip/salad is some freshness with green onions and cilantro. This cheesy chicken taco mixture is great as a dip, or a salad, a sandwich filling, and in this case, rolled up in tortillas and sliced! I like to make these roll-ups for picnics, barbecues, cookouts, or even just for a light meal!
Chicken Taco Tortilla Roll Ups
A creamy chicken salad/dip rolled up in tortillas and sliced into two bite appetizers!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Mix the chicken, cheese, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, and cilantro.
- Spread the chicken taco mixture over the tortillas, roll them up and slice into 1 inch pieces.
Option: Use your favourite cheese.
Option: Replace some or all of the sour cream with mayonnaise!
Option: Use red onions instead of green.