These chicken taco tortilla roll ups are basically a cheesy chicken taco dip that’s rolled up in a tortilla and sliced into snack sized pieces! The cheese base of this dip is a simple combination of cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese and when it’s combined with the chicken and taco seasoning, it is simply divine! (I like to use a homemade taco seasoning so that I have more control over the spicy heat and salt content.) The final component of the chicken dip/salad is some freshness with green onions and cilantro. This cheesy chicken taco mixture is great as a dip, or a salad, a sandwich filling, and in this case, rolled up in tortillas and sliced! I like to make these roll-ups for picnics, barbecues, cookouts, or even just for a light meal!
Chicken Taco Tortilla Roll Ups
A creamy chicken salad/dip rolled up in tortillas and sliced into two bite appetizers!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Mix the chicken, cheese, taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, and cilantro.
- Spread the chicken taco mixture over the tortillas, roll them up and slice into 1 inch pieces.
Option: Use your favourite cheese.
Option: Replace some or all of the sour cream with mayonnaise!
Option: Use red onions instead of green.
Oh, this looks delicious and just the type of thing I need to make for our week at the beach! Thanks for the recipe!
Hi there, can’t wait to try this recipe. Do think it would be possible to prepare roll ups and then freeze for future use? Thanks, Lynn