I am a huge fan of tacos and slow braised pork in adobo sauce makes for some really tasty tacos! Typically when I make slow cooker pork adobo I use a rather large piece of pork to ensure that I have plenty to use in various dishes like burritos, quesadillas, etc and this time I used it in tacos! These tacos are super simple with the adobo pork, onions (fresh or pickled), cilantro, crumbled queso fresco cheese, and a splash of fresh lime juice all wrapped up in warm corn tortillas which results in a magical combination of flavours and textures in a hand sized bundle! I sometimes like to throw some cool and creamy avocado into the mix and you just can’t go wrong with these pork adobo tacos!
Pork Adobo Tacos
Tasty and tender adobo pork tacos with onions, cilantro, lime juice and queso fresco!
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 pound shredded pork adobo, warm
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, torn or chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- adobo salsa to taste
- Assemble the tacos and serve with lime wedges on the side.