Bulgogi is a Korean beef dish where the beef, typically thinly sliced, or short ribs, or steak, is marinated in a tasty sauce before being cooked, and it’s one of my favourite dishes! Although marinating the meat before hand imbues it with extra flavour, it’s also nice to have a quick and easy version on hand to make any time! This recipe is really simple, you just cook some ground beef along with onions before adding the flavours of the marinade to the meat to create a sauce. All said and done this Korean style beef takes less than 20 minutes to make, which is perfect as you can cook some rice in that time to make a meal of it! I like to serve this 20 minute Korean beef over rice along with a side of kimchi, and a dab of gochujang, a spicy Korean chili paste.
It just screams for that fried egg with a lovely runny yolk!
20 Minute Korean Beef
Tasty Korean style seasoned ground beef that’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 apple (or pear), grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large pan until cooked before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the apple, sugar and soy sauce and cook until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Mix in the toasted sesame oil and serve topped with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Korean Bulgogi and Pear Kale Salad
Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef)
Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi (Pineapple Korean BBQ Chicken)
Daeji Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Pork)
Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
Dakkochi (Korean Skewered Chicken)
Gyudon (Japanese Beef Rice Bowl)
Kongnamul Bap (Korean Beef Beansprout Rice Bowl)