I use taco seasoned beef all the time in meals like the classic taco dinner in addition to others like quesadillas, pastas, grilled cheese sandwiches, sprinkled on salads, etc. It’s as easy to make as cooking ground beef, optionally along with onions, before sprinkling on some taco seasoning along with water and cornstarch to create a thick sauce that coats the meat. (I use a homemade taco seasoning but store bought also works!) It really only takes about 15 minutes to cook the meat and then you can use it in whatever way you desire. (See a list of recipe ideas below!)
Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
A quick and easy ground beef in taco seasoning that’s perfect in tacos, quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, sprinkled on salads, etc.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook the beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it apart as it cooks, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the taco seasoning followed by the cornstarch mixed into the water, mix well, bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has cooked off.
Option: The cornstarch is added to help create a small amount of thick sauce around the beef.
Option: Add 2 cloves chopped garlic along with the taco seasoning.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Cheesy Taco Pasta
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Tortellini Skillet
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Chicken Fajita Soup
Crunch Wrap Supreme