Taco rice (or tako raisu) is a Japanese take on the taco that is pretty much just a taco on a bed of rice. The main ingredients are the rice and the taco seasoned ground beef and from there you can add whatever you would normally add to a taco. The warm rice works surprisingly well in a taco soaking up the flavours of the seasoned meat. Very often when I make tacos I make extras meat so that I can make taco salads with the leftovers.
- 1 cup rice (cooked, Japanese style short grained rice)
- 1/2 cup lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 cup texmex seasoned ground beef
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 tomato (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1 handful cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Hi; new reader. Just want to say, “Nice blog!”
What a great idea!!!! I love this!! Fork style tacos 🙂
That's a cool idea. I'll have to try it next time I make tacos.
I just made this and it is so simple and delicious. I also added some avocado into the mix. I probably gobbled down the whole large plate in under two minutes. Thanks for the idea.