Spinach, feta and fresh herbs is a fabulous flavour combination that I particularly enjoy in meals like spanakopita, a Greek style spinach and feta pie wrapped in crispy phyllo pastry. Baking chicken with toppings is a dish that is super easy and the spinach and feta flavour combo is and great one for it! This dish starts with the mixture of spinach and feta along with parsley, dill, green onions, lemon and garlic along with cream cheese which help bind it all together. This mixture is spread on top of the chicken and topped with more cheese before baking until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted! A quick and easy meal that tastes amazing!
Spinach and Feta Baked Chicken
Tender chicken covered in spinach and feta along with plenty of melted cheese!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Mix the cream cheese, feta, spinach, garlic, green onions, parsley, dill and lemon zest.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, top with the spinach and feta mixture and sprinkle on the cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes.
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Spinach and Feta Mashed Cauliflower
Spinach Pesto, Feta and Shrimp Tortellini
Spanakopita (Greek Spinach and Feta Pie)
Spinach Pesto (aka Spanakopita Pesto)
Spinach and Feta Lasagna (aka Spanakopita Lasagna)
Spinach and Feta Chicken Burgers (aka Spanakopita Burgers) with Grilled Halloumi, Roasted Red Peppers and a Spinach and Feta Sauce
Tuscan Baked Chicken
French Onion Baked Chicken
Mexican Street Corn Baked Chicken