For busy weeknight meals it’s hard to beat something that’s as easy as placing chicken into a pan, topping it with something tasty and throwing it into the oven! This version is inspired by the flavours of elote, aka Mexican corn on the cob, where corn is smothered in butter, mayonnaise, lime juice and chili powder. This recipe is as easy to make as placing the chicken in a baking pan and topping with corn mixed with mayonnaise, sour cream, and lime juice before topping with cheese and baking. While in season, fresh corn off the cob is amazing and otherwise frozen or canned corn also work well!
Mexican Street Corn Baked Chicken
One-pan baked chicken covered in corn with all of the flavours of Mexican street corn!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 6 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, pepper and chili powder (or cayenne) to taste
- 1/2 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken in a large baking dish, such as an 8×12 pan, and sprinkle on tha taco seasoning.
- Mix the corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder and pour over the chicken in the pan before topping with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes, before sprinkling on the cilantro and enjoying!
Option: Add sliced or diced jalapenos.
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Mexican Street Corn Soup
French Onion Baked Chicken
Tuscan Baked Chicken
Spinach and Feta Baked Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken