Avocado toast is so simple and oh so good but really it’s just a start and I always enjoy adding extra flavour! One of my favourite summer dishes is esquites (Mexican corn salad) with charred corn, mayo, lime juice and crumbled cheese! There is just something magical about the sweet charred corn, creamy mayo and tangy lime juice combo that tingles my taste buds and add a dusting of chili powder to that and my mouth is in heaven! Of course if you take two great things like avocado toast and esquites and combine them the result is something truly spectacular! You really can’t go wrong adding creamy avocado to the mix and serving it on a convenient slice of toast for easy eating! I always like to make extra esquites for quick and easy leftover esquites avocado toast for breakfast the next morning where you really just need to toast the bread and heat the corn salad!
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Cool and creamy avocado toast topped with esquites, a Mexican corn salad!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 4 slices toast
- 2 tablespoons cotija (or queso fresco or feta), crumbled
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes, before removing from heat.
- Mix the corn, jalapeno, mayo, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix the avocado, lime juice and salt, spread it on the toast, top with the corn salad and sprinkle on the cheese!
Option: Add finely diced jalapeno and red onion to the avocado mash!
Option: Garnish with chili powder!
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Elote (Mexican Corn on the Cob)
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg
Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Avocados
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
Spicy Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Avocado Soup
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Heirloom Tomato Avocado Toast With Balsamic Drizzle
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido and Avocado Tacos
Avocado and Cheddar Corn Cakes