Today I have a really simple fresh heirloom tomato avocado toast with balsamic drizzle that highlights some of summers amazing flavours! The juicy field ripened heirloom tomatoes are just bursting with goodness that goes so well with to sweet and tart balsamic reduction and basil, not to mention the cool and creamy mashed avocado. I always enjoy a simple avocado toast and it’s so easy to change up the toppings, though this has to be one of my favourites! I served this heirloom tomato avocado toast with balsamic drizzle with a fresh raspberry and mint limeade and peaches! What a nice summer meal!
Heirloom Tomato Avocado Toast With Balsamic Drizzle
Fresh, bright and summery avocado toast with juicy ripe heirloom tomatoes, balsamic drizzle and basil!
- 8 slices bread, lightly toasted (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic drizzle (see below)
- 2 tablespoons basil, sliced
- Spread the mixture of the avocado, basil, lemon juice and salt over the toast, top with the tomato, fresh cracked black pepper, balsamic drizzle and basil and enjoy!
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
Bacon Jam Breakfast Sandwich with Fried Egg and Avocado
Avocado BLT with Fried Egg And Chipotle Mayo
Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg
Eggs Benedict with Bacon, Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) and Harissa
Blackened Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bites
Cucumber, Mint and Lime Refreshers
A balsamic reduction where balsamic vinegar is simmered to reduce and thicken that is perfect as a glaze or a drizzle!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar over medium heat in a saucepan until it has reduced to 1/3, about 10 minutes.
Tip: Turn the stove top fan on or open your window.
A fresh homemade raspberry limeade with a hit of mint!
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice (~4 limes)
- honey or sugar to taste
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves (optional)
- Puree everything in a blender!
Option: Strain after pureeing for a smoother drink.