With the new game season starting I have been thinking about snacks to enjoy while watching the game! With it still being summer it’s the perfect time of year to be incorporating some of the amazing fresh produce that is around and I was thinking that a combination of elote (Mexican style street corn) and queso fundido (a hot melted cheese dip) would be a fabulous combination! To keep this recipe nice and simple, and to only use one pan, I charred the corn in cast iron skillet rather than grilling it. Charring it like this gives it that nice slightly smokey flavour while lightly caramelizing the corn to bring out it’s natural sweetness. I add onion, peppers and jalapenos for a bit of flavour, colour and bit of heat. Once the corn is done you mix in plenty of cheese along with some mayo and lime juice to round out the flavours of the street corn and you cook it until the cheese is nice and melted, ooey, gooey and good! This roasted corn queso fundido is the perfect hot melted cheese dip to enjoy while watching the football game or any other time! (I like to eat it for dinner sometimes!)
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
A hot melted cheese dip filled sweet roasted corn!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, onion, jalapeno and red pepper toss and let it sit until slightly charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Mix the cheese, mayo, lime juice, salt and pepper, place back into the pan and cook over medium-low heat until the cheese has melted before enjoying while warm topped with cilantro!
Option: Top with sliced green onions.
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Hot Melted Corn Dip
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Hot Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
Hot Cheesy Taco Dip
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido and Avocado Tacos