With all of the cookies and other sweets during the holidays it is always nice to change things up a bit and go with something savoury! You can never go wrong with a hot cheese dip whether you are throwing a party or just wtching the game and I knew exactly which hot cheese dip that I wanted to try at my next party. I came across this chorizo queso fundido on Smells Like Home a while ago and I have been wanting to make it ever since. I mean just look at the ingredients, with all of that melted cheese, spicy chorizo and even a hit of tequila it was bound to be awesaomely addictive! I did make one important change to the recipe be using fresh Mexican style chorizo rather than cured Spanish style chorizo as I have really been into it lately and I knew that it would work well in the dip. This chorizo queso fundido is definitely a keeper and it will dissapper faster than you can blink so eat your share while still in the kitchen or better yet hide out in a locked room; you didn’t really want hear any more about aunt Thema’s warts anyways.
Chorizo Queso Fundido
A hot melted cheese dip filled spicy chorizo sausage and a hit of tequila.
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tequila or Mexican beer (optional)
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you go, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeno and tomato and cook until the onions are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tequila, deglaze the pan and cook until most of the moisture is gone, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and cook, stirring, until it melts, about 2-3 minutes.
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Hot Cheesy Taco Dip
Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes in Fontina
Hot Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Hot Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza