Pizza is always a welcome treat and skillet style tortilla pizzas are so easy to make that you can pretty much make them whenever you want! Skillet tortilla pizzas are pretty much as easy as heating a skillet, adding the tortilla, a sauce, cheese and toppings before broiling in the oven! My go-to version is the pepperoni tortilla skillet pizza but given that tortillas are Mexican I can’t help but gravitate towards Mexican style toppings like in this crispy chorizo and potato tortilla skillet pizza. Crispy fried chorizo and potatoes with homemade chorizo sausage is a favourite quick and easy meal, either all by itself or used in something like tacos, or in this case a pizza! Using salsa for the ‘sauce’ is a no-brainer and including the cheese, you don’t really need a lot of extras, but some sliced jalapenos are nice! If you are using leftover chorizo and potato these crispy chorizo and potato tortilla skillet pizzas take less than 15 minutes to prepare and if you are making them from scratch they only take about 30 minutes making them pretty convenient. I like to top these pizzas off with fresh sliced avocado and you can add any of your choice of taco style topping if you desire.
Throw a fried egg with a gorgeous runny yolk on top and enjoy for breakfast!
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Crispy skillet tortilla pizza topped with salsa, chorizo and potato, and plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pound potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh Mexican style chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 10 inch tortillas (corn for gluten-free)
- 1 cup salsa*
- 2 cups cheese such as cheddar, Monterey jack, or mozzarella, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat the the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add the potato and cook until lightly golden brown on all sides, before adding the sausage and onion and cooking until the chorizo is cooked and set it aside.
- Wipe out the skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet, remove from heat, add a tortilla, spread on 1/4 of the the salsa, top with the chorizo and potato, cheese and jalapeno and place it under the broiler in the oven until the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
Option: Top with fried eggs, avocado, guacamole, pico de gallo, and/or your favourite taco toppings!
Tip: Make extra crispy fried chorizo and potatoes the day before and use the leftovers for this pizza to make things even quicker!
Taco Quesadilla Pizzas
Crispy Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Burrito
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Tacos with Apple and Pomegranate Salsa
Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
No Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Pizza Quesadillas (aka Pizzadillas)