Crispy fried chorizo and potatoes are a great meal all by themselves but why not kick them up a bit by topping them with a fried egg with a runny yolk in addition to some tasty salsa verde and serving it all tostada style on crispy tortillas? Yum! These tostadas are so easy to make! You fry the tortillas in oil until crispy, fry the sausage and potatoes and the eggs before throwing everything together!
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Fried chorizo and potatoes served on crispy tortillas and topped with salsa verde and fried eggs!
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons oil (or lard, bacon grease, butter)
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 pound potatoes, diced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat add the tortillas, one at a time, and fry until lightly golden brown and crispy on both sides, before setting aside on paper towels.
- Add the chorizo and onion and cook until the chorizo turns lightly brown and gets all nice and crispy on the edges, about 6-10 minutes, before setting aside.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes, before mixing in the chorizo and onions.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and fry as desired.
- Assemble the tostadas and enjoy!
Butternut Squash and Chorizo Tostadas
Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tostadas
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Tinga de Puerco (Pork Tinga)
Pork Tinga Tacos
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Ahi Tuna Tostadas
Corn Bread Stuffing with Chorizo
Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Burrito
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Tacos with Apple and Pomegranate Salsa
Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Chipotle Lime Grilled Shrimp and Corn Guacamole Mini Tostadas
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza