On Cinco de Mayo there is no reason to hold off on celebrating until later in the day; start it off with a Mexican inspired breakfast, nachos! Spicy chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs make for a tasty breakfast all by themselves but why not enjoy them nacho style on tortilla chips covered in melted cheese? These breakfast nachos are fully loaded with salsa, beans, tomato, avocado and jalapenos in addition to the sausage and eggs making them a hearty and tasty way to start the day!
Who says you can’t have nachos for breakfast?
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Fully loaded spicy chorizo sausage and scrambled egg nachos for breakfast!
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean, add the eggs, cook scrambled style and set aside.
- Arrange the torilla chips in a single layer on a baking pan, sprinkle on the chorizo, scrambled eggs, salsa, black beans, tomato, avocado, green onions, jalapeno, and cheese and broil until the cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with cilantro sour cream, etc.
Breakfast Queso Fundido
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Korean Bulgogi and Kimchi Nachos
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos
Loaded Chipotle Carnitas Nachos
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Mexican Shredded Beef Nachos
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Cheese Tortilla Chip Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles