Zucchini season is definitely here! The stores are full of it and it ‘s pretty cheap so I picked up a lot of it with the plan to start off by making these grilled zucchini nachos! The idea is to slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch discs, grill them until just tender, but still crisp, and then to top them with a bunch of nacho toppings including plenty of melted cheese! As far as the toppings go I start out with some grilled corn off the cob, black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, avocado, cilantro and a finish of sour cream. With all of the fresh summer ingredients, these grilled zucchini nachos are pretty healthy in addition to being nice and tasty! One of the great things about these zucchini nachos is that you can top them with whatever you want so feel free to use your favourite nacho toppings! This years zucchini season is off to an amazing start with these grilled zucchini nachos which will quickly become a staple in my summer meal plans!
These grilled zucchini nachos are just loaded with summery fresh healthy goodness! (Along with lots of melted cheese!)
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Fresh grilled zucchini served nacho style topped with corn, tomatoes, beans, avocado and plenty of melted cheese!
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch discs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn (optionally grilled)
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup green or red onions
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, (~1 lime)
- Toss the zucchini in the oil, salt and pepper and cook on the grill or in a grill pan over medium heat until just tender but still slightly crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side, before topping with cheese and cooking until it melts, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the cheesy grilled zucchini topped with the beans, corn, tomato, onions, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and lime juice.
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Chicken Pad Thai Nachos
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini with Avocado Blue Cheese Dressing
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos
Loaded Chipotle Carnitas Nachos
Mexican Shredded Beef Nachos
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos