With the new football season starting we’re going to need some new snacking ideas and I have one for you right now, some Mexican street corn nachos! I am a big fan of the Mexican street corn (elote) style flavours which vary but the flavour combo that I like is with butter, mayo, crumbled cotija (or feta), cilantro, chili powder and lime juice which goes so well with sweet juicy corn! When I came across the idea of Mexican street corn nachos on Simply Recipes I just had to try it! Normally when I make nachos I load them up with ingredients, sprinkle on plenty of cheese and then throw it into the oven to melt the cheese but this recipe calls for a cheese sauce which is always a nice alternative especially when it’s a creamy Monterey Jack cheese sauce! Other than the addition of the tortilla chips and cheese sauce these nachos have all of the ingredients of Mexican street corn and when in nacho form they are perfect for snacking on while watching the game!
Check out below the recipe for links to other recipes that use this amazing flavour combo!
If you’re looking for the meat, add some cooked Mexican style chorizo sausage!
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
All of the flavours of Mexican style street corn in nacho form with grilled or charred corn, mayo, feta, cilantro, cayenne and lime juice along with the nachos and a creamy melted Monterey Jack cheese sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream, half and half or milk
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup cotija or feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons crema or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- cayenne to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, add the corn and let it sit until it starts to char a bit, mix it up and let it start to char a bit again before removing from heat and mixing in the mayo.
- Mix the cornstarch into the cream, bring just to a simmer, reduce the heat and mix in the cheese until it melts.
- Place the nachos on a serving dish, pour on the cheese, top with the corn, cotija, creme, cilantro and cayenne and hit everything with a few squirts of lime juice!
Mexican Street Corn
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Chicken Pad Thai Nachos
Korean Bulgogi and Kimchi Nachos
Irish Nachos with Guinness and Irish Cheddar Sauce
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Greek Style Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos
Mexican Street Corn Soup
Loaded Chipotle Carnitas Nachos
Mexican Shredded Beef Nachos
Sriracha Lime Corn Salad
Creamy Bacon and Avocado Corn Salad