Fresh summer corn on the cob is everywhere these days and what better way to enjoy it than in a simple and tasty salad? I like to char corn for corn salads as it caramelizes it and brings out it natural sweetness. It’s easy to char corn by cooking it in a skillet over high heat until it just starts to blacken/char, that is right after you cut it off the cob! The sweet corn is the star of this salad and some creamy avocado and crispy bacon back it up perfectly! The dressing for this corn salad is a simple mayonnaise with a hit of lime juice along with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro for even more flavour! This creamy corn salad with avocado and bacon is a great side for any occasion, especially for the long weekend!
Creamy Bacon and Avocado Corn Salad
A creamy corn salad with avocado and bacon!
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a heavy skillet until crispy and set on paper towels to drain before crumbling.
- Drain all but two tablespoon of the bacon rendered bacon fat, heat over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Mix everything and enjoy!
Option: Add 1 finely diced jalapeno!
Option: Add 1/4 cup salsa verde!
Option: Add 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or queso fresco or feta.
Option: Add 1 cup black beans.
Option: Add 1/2 cup diced tomatoes.
Sriracha Lime Corn Salad
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Fresh Pea Salad
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Mexican Corn Salad Dip