Corn is in season and I certainly have been enjoying it! In addition to trying out new recipes with corn I have also been making some old favourites and one that I cannot stop making over and over again is this hot cheesy corn dip adapted from Emeril Lagass’s recipe! Since I was making the dip anyways I figured that I would take the opportunity to update the 5 year old photo on this recipe with some new ones. This dip is super easy to make, you simply char some corn to bring out its natural sweetness, combine it with a few other vegetables along with plenty of cheese and bake it until it is all melted, bubbling and golden brown. In addition to being easy to make, this dip is addictively good; there is just something magical about how the sweet corn works with the savoury cheese and mayonnaise in this hot dip! The only real problem that I have with this dip is that it disappears far too quickly!
Although I prefer to use fresh corn, this dip works with frozen or even canned corn.
Just look at all of that stringy melted cheese!
This dip only gets better when topped with fresh diced tomatoes!
Feel free to bake the dip in ramekins for individual servings!
The original photo from 5 years ago:
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Sweet caramelized corn in a hot melted cheese dip that will disappear quickly from any party.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn (fresh, thawed frozen or drained canned)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, add the corn, saute until the corn starts to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan over medium-high heat add the onion, and pepper and saute until the onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the green onion, jalapeno and garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the corn, onions, peppers, mayonnaise, cheeses and cayenne in a bowl, reserving some of the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.
Tip: Assemble the dip the day before and bake it on the day that you serve it to save some time. The bake time will be 10-15 minutes longer when baking right out of the fridge.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Hot Sweet Onion Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Hot Cheesy Bean Dip
Corn and Tomato Pie
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Cheese Dip