I had been coming across this recipe for jalapeno popper dip on sites like Big Red Kitchen for a while and I had just been itching to try it. I really like jalapeno poppers and this dip has all of the elements that make jalapeno poppers so good, from the jalapenos to the cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the crunchy bread crumb crust. With the temex kick that I have been on lately it was the perfect time to try this dip out. The jalapeno popper dip was easy to make and the results were great! I increased the amount of jalapenos and added some fresh jalapenos for even more jalapeno flavour and heat. The dip was nice and warm and gooey and oh so tasty! I really enjoyed the spicy cheesy dip and its crunchy topping and I will definitely be making it again. I served the jalapeno popper dip with lime tortilla chips for dipping.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
A hot cheesy dip inspired by the flavours of jalapeno peppers with a crunchy panko bread crumb topping.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled), drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
- Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
Slow Cooker: Mix everything except the panko, place it in the slow cooker and cook until the cheese is nice and melted about 1-2 hours on high or 2-4 hours on low. Toast the panko and sprinkle it on top just before serving.
Tip: Add crumbled bacon for the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper version!
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Jalapeno Popper Quiche
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Tasty Tailgate Party Recipes
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Cheesy Buffalo Mushroom Poppers
Stuffed Crust Pizza Dip
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)
Jalapeno Popper Skillet Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins