Looking for a last minute Easter appetizer idea? You can’t go wrong with deviled eggs and why not make them a little more interesting by making them with all of the flavours of bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers? These deviled eggs are stuffed with the mashed egg yolks, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and bacon and then they are sprinkled with even more cheddar cheese before some brief time under the broiler to melt the cheese! Who says you can’t enjoy one of your favourite game day snacks at your family holiday? These deviled eggs taste just like jalapeno poppers and they will make the perfect addition to any holiday spread!
Instead of topping these deviled eggs with melted cheese top them with panko bread crumbs for a crispy topping!
Looking for a vegetarian version? Feel free to omit the bacon!
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
All of the flavours of bacon jalapeno poppers in deviled egg form!
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, whipped
- 3 tablespoons cheddar, shredded finely
- 1/4 cup jalapenos (pickled, fresh or roasted), diced finely
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled finely
- 6 tablespoons cheddar, shredded finely
- Cut the eggs in half, scoop the yolks out, mash the yolks and mix with the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar, jalapenos and bacon and place a tablespoon of the mixture back into the holes left by the yolks in the eggs.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheddar, place on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese has melted.
Option: Omit the bacon for vegetarian version.
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Jalapeno Popper Dressing
Jalapeno Popper Pizza
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Cheese Covered, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Burgers
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Popper Potato Gratin
Jalapeno Popper Chorizo Cheesecake
Jalapeno and Cheddar Corn Pancakes with Bacon (aka Jalapeno Popper Pancakes)
How to Make Ramen Eggs